Tuesday 21 July 2015

Project Fame Alumni Gather to Celebrate a Legend........ Photos



*rolls out of bed*
*grabs laptop*
*adjusts webcam*

Hmmm, na wah. If you see what happened the other day ehn, na wah. Olawale, Ayoola, Sholly Fresh, and other Project Fame Alumni gathered in one place.
And where was this place, you may ask. Well, I'm here na, am I not? So I'll tell you.


I was at Xovar Lounge, in Lekki o, where I had gone with my friends, where we had gone to relax,  and sip small sontin, We had been sipping, and were almost about leaving o,  when suddenly we noticed that the place was beginning to be busy one kyn.  People bringing lights, cameras, arranging red carpet, as if a show was about  to happen there or something. Not having anything better to do, and curious as usual, I collected my friends' empty bottles, stacked them in front of me, and bid them farewell. Properly positioned like a big money spender, I settled down to watch, and sipped my drink once every 30 minutes, make e no go finish quick.

The program at Xovar Lounge was something they called VIP, a celebration of Legends. And the Legend they were celebrating was

....wait for it....

Sir Shina Peters.

I was amazed when the Afro-Juju legend showed up at the place, looking uncommonly well preserved.

The man still has moves sha! I nearly dropped my bottle when he began to dance.

Halogen Band sang first, and then Olawale (small but mighty) of Project Fame Season 6 came on to perform

He had hardly finished, and the crowd was just settling to their seats when Sholly Fresh (Project Fame Season 7) came up to do his thing. Before you know, Ayoola (Season 5 Winner) came upon stage as well. Sir Shina Peters was all smiles as he watched the youngsters delivering hit upon hit from his albums through the years. At some point in the course of the concert, the iconic performer took to the stage, to show us that he still had that buzz, that fire.

 He must have felt honoured and celebrated, but then, he is a legend, and it is his due.

Those Project Fame guys can sing sha! Kai! See crowd response, people pulling shoes and standing up to dance. I think say na only me dey feel am, until I looked around and saw people jigging and rolling waist upandan.  I was digging the groove, and almost forgot to snap you people some pictures. Well, I remembered sha, and I snapped. You won't believe who I caught on camera!

Okay, let me go and park my self one side.  The Project Fame Show will soon begin, and I have to go and dig. All access, remember? Oya Lerrus Go! Meanwhile, check out the pictures, and don't forget to tell your friends. I'm out!

Adios. 

Alejo, of Halogen Band, rendering some of SSP's songs

The Legend, SSP, with Ali Baba

Ayoola, PF Season 5 Winner, firing up the stage

another of the artistes performing at the show

And he still has MOVES!

Thrilling the audience

DeeBee, performing his hit song "Collabo"

Dancing to his own music

Comedian, Kelly Black, delighting the crowd with rib-cracking jokes

Receiving the Plaque

Chrissy O, singing to the crowd

The Legend, SSP, being presented with the award, by Mr. Bayo Alawiye

Feeling nostalgic, as he listens to youngsters singing his songs

Sholly Fresh (Project Fame Season 7)

And she's like Whaaaaa?

The Sensational Singing Trio R-Cubed

Olawale (Season 6 Winner) making the crowd wriggle like spaghetti

Sing what you want, it is MY song....

Show Organiser, Mr. Bayo Alawiye, about to present the plaque to SSP, while the Manager, Xovar Lounge looks on.

That is.......... The King of Nigerian  Comedy, Ali Baba himself!

The ladies of R-Cubed rocking the beats.

Uncle Ben Ogbewi, of the Project Fame Academy, and one of the hosts, laying down the Law....
even at a show?

Transfer of Anointing?
(note the shirts are somewhat similar)

The absolutely gorgeous Toyin Aimakhu-Johnson, Nollywood actress, Producer, and Director
who was the co-host of the Show.

The Legend, SSP, and a guest at the event


Appreciative of the award

This MC probably overheard someone saying something really stupid



No comments:

Post a Comment